Mr Anton Groenewald is a qualified Economist/Analyst with more than 20 years work experience in economic impact assessments, economic feasibility studies, socio-economic surveys, labour force analysis, sector and economic growth analysis, and most recently sponsorship impact assessments. Anton holds Bachelors, Honours and Master’s degrees from UNISA and Stellenbosch University.
Mr Groenewald has experience in the fields of: International and National events; City Marketing Strategies; ity and Regional Tourism Organisational and Growth Strategies; City and Regional Economic Development; Mega facilities management and commercialisation.
His skills as a former Executive Director in City Government and a former Deputy Director-General (acting) in regional government allows him to lead conversations on policy, strategy, analysis, impact and implementation. Having worked on both ends of the spectrum from policy to praxis he is uniquely able to lead projects from conceptualisation to implementation
His/her previous work/projects includes:
- Road Traffic Management Corporation – Economic and Financial Impact of Road death and injury in SA – Nov 2015 – May 2015)
- Cape Town Stadium Commercialisation (2011 – 2015)
- JSE listed Company – Marketing and Sponsorship Strategy (Feb – May 2015)
- Events Strategy for a top 5 Marketing and Advertising Industry Agency (2016)
- Cape Town World Design Capital 2014 – Strategy and Implementation Plan (’14 -15)
- SPV review of entity performance for Western Cape government entities (’08-’10)