Solly Moeng is an experienced holistic Brand Manager and media professional who specialises in Strategic Communications, PR and Media Relations. Solly has a French MA Degree and has also completed the Institute for Marketing Management’s Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing and attended courses at the respected Vega School of Branding. He is currently enrolled for a PhD at the University of Cape Town (UCT) focussing on how the nuclear industry integrates media in its crisis communications.
Solly has previously occupied positions with the South African Tourism (as Marketing Manager in Canada, based in Toronto and later as New York-based Country Manager where he managed the roll-out of South Africa’s Tourism Growth Strategy in the US and Canada. He has also occupied Marketing & Communications Manager positions for CapeNature and the South African Biodiversity Institute, which manages the world famous Kirstenbosch amongst others.
Solly’s previous work/projects includes:
- Eastern Cape Tourism Board: Assessed of Brand Architecture and Brand Strategy development
- Metrorail: National PR & Corporate Communications Strategy development.
- South African Oil & Gas Alliance (SAOGA) – formerly Cape Oil & Gas Initiative (Cogsi): Brand Strategy development
- Chevron: Issues Management, Strategic Communications
- Cape Winelands District Municipality: PR & Communications; Travel Media Relations
- Tshwane Rapid Transit: Integrated Corporate Communications Strategy development
- B-BBEE Commission: Refinement of Integrated Communications Strategy
- Imperial Logistics: Communications Strategy development