Improving government service delivery and reducing red tape is one of government’s top priorities in South Africa, as well as the rest of the world, in order to accelerate private sector job creation through providing a supportive business environment.
We work with the public sector to facilitate processes aimed at improving service delivery efficiencies because this “red tape” can reduce productivity and the efficient allocation of resources, and ultimately productive investments, economic growth, job creation and poverty reduction.
We have worked with many municipalities in South Africa to develop practical red tape reduction action plans to improve service delivery through improving either the speed of decision-making or the quality of regulations by reducing the unnecessary and/or unintended costs to business.
The solutions which we offer include assistance with:
- Establishment of Red Tape Impact Assessment Units.
- Red tape impact assessments to calculate the costs to businesses of compliance with draft legislation and municipal by-laws.
- Business Process Management and Process Improvement to improve service delivery.
- Lean Management and Six Sigma methods to speed up processes and reduce inconsistent services.
- Developing Customer or Citizen Service Charters containing service standards so that citizens and customers now what level of performance to expect.
- Developing Complaints Notification Systems so that organisations can effectively respond to and manage complaints.
- Customer and citizen surveys to identify red tape priorities from those impacted and affected by red tape.
- Training workshops on how to develop Red Tape Reduction Action Plans to address specific red tape challenges.